Neurological diseases are different disorders which affect the brain and nervous system. This ranges from a biological mutation in the brain which can cause tremor or neurological disorder which can cause a nervous breakdown or central nervous system disorder which can cause abnormal neural transmissions.
Other types may include Parkinson disease, ataxia, movement disorder, dystonia, Migraine, etc.
Neurological diseases are predominant in adults who are above the age mark of 50. This is most times caused as a result of genetic mutation, inherited biological traits, the environmental factor, lifestyle of the individual and mostly mortality.
For the aged who are battling neurological diseases, some symptoms usually arise before this disorders sets in.
Symptoms and signs of neurological diseases
These are the signs that physically manifest which points towards neurological diseases. These signs are but not limited to
- Partial or Total Paralysis: for stroke, it comes gradually in the form of paralysis. This is however taken care of at the early stages with exercise, watched diets and physiotherapeutic approved workouts.
- Weakened Muscles: this is predominant in the aged individual. The worn out tissue of their muscles results to aches which can graduate to other neurological disorder.
- Partial or Total Loss of Senses: most neurological diseases attack the central nervous system and the brain directly. Thus affecting basic function of organs like seeing from the eyes and walking using the legs.
- Reading and Writing Difficulties: this is another symptom caused by neurological diseases. Due to loss of coordination from the central nervous system and the brain, the effortless function of reading and writing becomes a struggle.
- Cognitive Abilities: as an individual grow, the cognitive ability of the individual goes through diminishing return thus causing a decline and ultimately poor cognitive abilities.
Neurological diseases treatment
Many disorders still do not have certified ways of treatment yet, but the advancement of science and technology together with physiotherapeutic treatment has made things a little bit more bearable. Many biopharmaceuticals are testing and producing drugs and diets that can be used to cater and care for this forms of diseases accordingly.
Steps for neurological diseases treatment at old age
With knowledge about the causes and symptoms of different neurological diseases, there are various practical steps in battling the different forms of neurological diseases at an old age. These practical steps include but not limited to:
- Physiotherapeutic prescribed exercises: this prescribed exercises will help the individual keep the muscles functioning. These exercises are aimed to stimulate the tissues to continue working appropriately.
- Medication: the advancement in science and technology has brought about the drug option in battling these neurological diseases. These drugs are carefully formulated to provide supplements which the body system is unable to produce
On a final note
Neurological diseases like stroke, movement disorder, and the Parkinson disease are most common to the elderly. This can, however, be managed properly by an adequate care and a controlled environment for the affected individual. Early diagnosis and detection of these diseases is import to that treatment and care can begin as soon as possible.